Become More Active, Energized and Empowered
EnhanceFitness is a proven community-based senior fitness and arthritis management program. Its purpose is to help older adults become more active, energized, and empowered for independent living.
EnhanceFitness has been nationally recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, US Administration on Aging and the National Council on Aging.
The program consists of low impact exercise classes that are safe and challenging for older adults of all fitness levels. EnhanceFitness exercises focus on increasing cardiovascular endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility which can help reduce arthritis symptoms. A certified instructor leads classes at a pace that works for each participant.
Of all EnhanceFitness' multiple benefits though, the one that matters most is that it's a great time. Classes are held in a relaxed atmosphere that promotes fun, laughter, friendship and smiles. That social interaction is proven to be a vital part of senior health and well-being.
In each EnhanceFitness class, participants will experience:
- A certified instructor with special training to bring out their physical best
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle or wrist weights
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep muscles flexible
- Multiple balance exercises
- Lots of opportunities to socialize and make new friends
So if you're an older adult, lift your body and your spirits and join us for the EnhanceFitness experience.
For more information, please contact Summer Cruff 727 772 9622.
EnhanceFitness classes are offered at the following branches:
- North Pinellas: Mondays and Fridays 1-2 p.m. and Wednesdays from 2-3 p.m.
- Greater Palm Harbor: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- Clearwater: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Come in and try out a class!
- Free to full members
- $40 per month for basic members