Updated June 25
We are working in accordance with each county’s mask ordinance to implement face covering policies based on these mandates and CDC guidelines. Our greatest concerns are for you, your family, our staff and our community’s health and well-being. We will continue to monitor, evaluate and seek guidance from each county regarding our practices and will share any changes that might be necessary.
To help protect our members and staff, we require all individuals ages 12 years of age or over who enter our Pinellas county facilities to wear a face covering. Masks do not have to be worn during your workout or group exercise class as long as social distancing guidelines are followed. While we know this can be an inconvenience for some, we feel this measure, along with other protective measures already implemented, will make the Y as safe as possible for everyone’s enjoyment.
Pinellas County Summer Care Program
If your child comes to camp with a mask, we will take that action as your wish to require them to wear one indoors. If your child comes to the program without a mask, we will take that as an indication you are not requiring them to wear a mask. We plan to have an activity of making masks during our program, but please understand parents/guardians are responsible for sending a mask, we recommend two, to camp with their child if they want their child to wear one.
To help protect our members and staff we require all individuals 2 years of age or older who enter our Pasco county facilities to wear a face covering. Masks do not have to be worn during your workout or group exercise classes as long as social distancing guidelines are followed. While we know this can be an inconvenience for some, we feel this measure, along with other protective measures already implemented, will make the Y as safe as possible for everyone’s enjoyment.
Pasco County Summer Care Program
Pasco County Board of County Commissioners passed an order that requires anyone inside to wear a mask or face covering. Campers enrolled in our summer programs are required to wear a mask or a face covering indoors at our YMCA Summer Programs. We plan to have an activity of making masks during our program, but please understand parents/guardians are responsible for sending a mask to camp with their camper (we recommend two).
Monday, June 8, 2020
Dear Y Family,
We’re excited to announce that beginning Monday, June 8th, you will encounter some changes as we continue to reopen in line with the Governor's announcements regarding Phase 2.
HOURS OF OPERATION*:
Monday - Thursday
5:30am - 9:00pm
5:30am - 7:00pm
8:00am - 4:30pm
11:00am - 4:30pm
*Starting Monday, June 8th, we will no longer be closing our branches every 90 minutes. We will be closed Monday-Friday from 11-11:30am and 3-3:30pm and Saturday from 1-1:30pm to deep clean and sanitize.
WELLNESS CENTERS AND POOLS:
Reservations will no longer be required for Wellness Center use.
We continue to increase our pool offerings with lap swim, water exercise, swim team and Splash Pads. Our family pools will be opening soon. Check with your local branch for the schedule and reservations.
Please know our number one priority is your safety. We have put careful thought and planning into ensuring we follow CDC social distancing guidelines as well as comply with operating our YMCAs based on our Governor's orders.
While no longer required, we strongly recommend making reservations for group exercise classes, lap swim and tennis courts to ensure your spot. You can make reservations by using our app, our schedule page or calling your branch directly.
Note: In an effort to serve more members, we have expanded our pool usage to 2 swimmers per lane.
WE'RE NOW ADDING KIDS ZONE AND KIDS ZONE PLUS!
Back by popular demand is the availability of our Kids Zone for infants, toddlers and preschool age children and at select locations, we will be offering Kids Zone PLUS for Youth. Beginning this Saturday, our branch staff will be able to assist you in reserving spots for the following ages during each of our reservation time frames:
Kids Zone-Infants: 6 weeks of age - walking
Kids Zone-Toddlers/Preschool: walking - 7 years of age
Kids Zone PLUS*-Youth: 8 - 11 years of age
*available at some locations
Due to limited capacity in our Kids Zones, we are asking each member to call our branch staff in order to reserve your child's spot once you have made an online reservation for your activity.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we work to serve you and your family in our facilities. Our goal is to ensure that each member of your family has a reservation and a spot available for when you arrive at the Y!
TOGETHER, WE'RE A BETTER US
Thank you for staying with us as we work to expand our hours and our offerings to meet your needs. Although we are back open, we want you to return at your own pace and when you feel comfortable. We will continue to offer virtual classes and programs as an added value to your membership. As you know, the Y is more than a gym…we are a community and we are here for you!
WHAT’S AVAILABLE NOW?
- Wellness Center (free weights, cardio and selectorized equipment staggered to promote social distancing)
- Pool (lap swim reservation recommended*)
- Tennis courts (by reservation*)
- Group exercise classes (by reservation*)
- Personal & small group training
- Locker rooms and showers (starting June 8th)
*Reservations can be made via the Schedules tab on the website or on the YMCA of the Suncoast app
WHAT AREAS WILL BE AVAILABLE NEXT?
- Summer Family Outdoor Pools
WHAT WILL REMAIN UNAVAILABLE?
- Steam rooms
- Yoga Mats (you are welcome to bring your own)
- Water fountains (we have cups available at every water fountain)
- Coffee service
- Seating in common spaces
WE APPRECIATE MEMBERS’ ADHERENCE TO THE FOLLOWING HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Following CDC guidelines, we are requiring members entering the facility to complete a waiver and screening questionnaire.
- We encourage you to wear a face covering while in our facility and suggest you bring a water bottle from home, as water fountains, bottle fill-up stations and coffee service will be unavailable initially.
- We have added additional hand sanitizing stations and are requiring all members to clean ALL equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- We encourage the vulnerable populations of our Y members to be cautious and follow recommended guidelines on when to start being away from home more.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Reservations are not required for our Wellness Centers but recommended for group ex, lap swim, tennis courts and Kids Zone/Kids Zone +. Reservations can be made a maximum of 48 hours in advance.
- For your safety, limited YMCA equipment will be available. Please bring your own tennis balls, racquets, goggles, etc.
- All members will be required to sign a waiver before using the Y. CLICK HERE to review and sign the waiver.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and get healthy.
- Members are encouraged to wear face masks or coverings while in general areas of our YMCA branches.
- Contact your local branch with questions.
MAKE A RESERVATION
- Use the YMCA of the Suncoast app, go to the Schedules section of ymcasuncoast.org or call your branch.
- Select your branch, day of the week, and time and click "Reserve" or tap the icon to make your reservation.
- Enter your name and email, and you will receive an email confirmation of your reservation.
- Please be courteous to other members and only reserve ONE time slot per day.
- Reserve your spot a maximum of 48 hours in advance. If you do not see the reserve option on the app or website, please call your branch.
*If you previously chose to cancel your membership, please contact us to reactivate your membership in order to make a reservation and use our facilities.
FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMS FOR YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY